It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:47 pm 

Will we see our pets in heaven?

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:57 am 

Excellent question. It's one I debate with my wife all the time. My viewpoint is "not likely".

Of course, my main reason is from the book of Genesis. In chapter 1:25 it says, " God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good." But in verse 26 it says, "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
And then in Genesis 2:7 we're told, "the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

My point is that only man was created in God's image, and only into man did God breathe the breath of life. Only man was created for a personal relationship with God. All the plants and animals were created for man to rule over (take care of, Gen. 1:28) and use for food (Gen. 1:29).

Hope this helps.