Home >> Community >> Christian Community >> General Discussion >> lessons in my Christian walk

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:57 pm 

1. The Bible tells me to treat others as I would like to be treated. The Bible does not say that I can expect the same treatment in return.

2. The Bible tells me to love my neighbor. The Bible does not tell me that my neighbors will show love towards me.

3. In order for people to learn and grow, they may error and stumble. I should offer them my forgiveness when I am wronged, just as I enjoy the forgiveness of our Lord.

4. I can't change others around me, but I can change how I react to their behaviors. I try to find a positive way to expend my reactionary energy.

5. When others around me do wrong, I am better used by God to show them a better way through love and compassion and being a Christian mentor. Sometimes this means interacting with others not as spiritually matured as myself. When I am wronged by another, my best defense is prayer.

6. The tongue is the most offensive part of the human being. When I allow my tongue to hurt others, God is not pleased. My tongue can easily ruin my witness. I should not act or SPEAK out in revenge or in hatred.

7. I am not of this world but in it. I will feel like an alien in the world of evil and unrighteousness. I will benefit greatly by making friendships with other Christians, and understand that we are all in different stages in our walk with the Lord.

9. God gives me the strength to persevere in righteousness. Christian suffering is necessary for the hard journey ahead of us.

10. I need to always concentrate on walking the walk. My witness is more important than my pride.

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:15 pm 

God is my guide too....
Yes, every one of 10 truths that you shared are very true, and refreshing to know that others are out there trying to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. With the Lords grace we continue our walk not based on what other's do but by the Living example of Jesus.

Post subject: Re: Lessons in my walk
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:52 pm 

GodIsMyGuide wrote:
1. The Bible tells me to treat others as I would like to be treated. The Bible does not say that I can expect the same treatment in return.

2. The Bible tells me to love my neighbor. The Bible does not tell me that my neighbors will show love towards me.

3. In order for people to learn and grow, they may error and stumble. I should offer them my forgiveness when I am wronged, just as I enjoy the forgiveness of our Lord.

4. I can't change others around me, but I can change how I react to their behaviors. I try to find a positive way to expend my reactionary energy.

5. When others around me do wrong, I am better used by God to show them a better way through love and compassion and being a Christian mentor. Sometimes this means interacting with others not as spiritually matured as myself. When I am wronged by another, my best defense is prayer.

6. The tongue is the most offensive part of the human being. When I allow my tongue to hurt others, God is not pleased. My tongue can easily ruin my witness. I should not act or SPEAK out in revenge or in hatred.

7. I am not of this world but in it. I will feel like an alien in the world of evil and unrighteousness. I will benefit greatly by making friendships with other Christians, and understand that we are all in different stages in our walk with the Lord.

9. God gives me the strength to persevere in righteousness. Christian suffering is necessary for the hard journey ahead of us.

10. I need to always concentrate on walking the walk. My witness is more important than my pride.

This is amazing, and so true. Did you write this yourself?

Angie.

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:04 pm 

hello all,
Thank you for the post, some food for thought there.
"4. I can't change others around me, but I can change how I react to their behaviors. I try to find a positive way to expend my reactionary energy."

This is so perfect and it is indeed the way to lower your stress all the time!

"10. I need to always concentrate on walking the walk. My witness is more important than my pride."

Also an important one----Walk the Talk or don't talk!!