Home >> Community >> Christian Community >> General Discussion >> questions questions driving me mad!!!!!

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:04 pm 

i am a new user and came online to try and find an answer to some points that were raised in a conversation with one of my friends and i hope you guys can help...here goes.

It is to do with God being an unchanging and constant God. Daniel (my friend) said that God must have changed. He said that he was a vengeful God at first because he chucked Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden instead of forgiving them and also the Sodom and Gamora (spelling?) story where he destroyed them, and also noahs ark. God is supposed to be a forgiving God right so why did he destroy them? if its because they arent repenting then surely everyone who isnt repenting should be struck down?

second one comes from

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:20 pm 

God is not a vengeful god.
However in psalms it says he is a Jeslous God.

Lets astablish a line of thining:

God created angels.
Angels include satan and his demons.
Angels must have free choice
Angels must know the difference between good and bad (satan choose bad)
Jehovah must have allowed satan to mislead eve
Jehovah being the source of all things must also be the source of the lie, satan fathering it.
Jehovah is not a vengeful god but a jealous god.

Why was Jehovah jealous? Because the earth was following false Gods openly. I mean Jehovah made himself known to the people they knew he existed but choose to worship other gods. Jehovah got jealous of the other gods since the other gods were demons he himself had created, the true rebellion was the from the demons. In fact we can not say that those in sodom and gamorrah will or will not be ressurected. So being that the people were being mis lead by the demons and the appointed time for judgement on the demons was still for some time Jehovah destroyed the earth. Since demons directly influenced events on the earth so does Jehovah, However we are not aware of the deomons doings, but Jehovah makes us aware of his. And last time I checked we are waiting for armagedon so if god has changed he is soon to change back lol.

They never had jesus die for them either, Thats makes a difference, before jesus ever generation of isrealites faced destuction due to there false worship in one way or another and every generation had at least one faithful prophet, and on account of the one faithfull at all times isreal was almost always spared. But like I said Jesus die for our sins, it made a difference for us today.

If you want me to even further explain what I am saying I will be happy too, also I could ass scriptures if you want so u can refference but in all honestly this resonce covers alot of them.

Bobothemonk

Just because they are dead do not assume they are not being ressurected!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:33 pm 

Why must we nbe baptised? why didnt isreal before jesus get baptised?

this is why we must be baptised, take a marrage contract that you sign in gods name still, now what is the breakerof the contract????? I mean what get you out of a marriage. Well you

- have violate something in the bible, adultry ot idolotry all are grounds for divorce.

- or DEATH!!!!

When jesus died our marriage contract with him was cancelled, we no longer were bound to him at birth, there was no longer a need to sacrifice offerings. That meant that at birth we could sin and go our way without being held accoutable.

However if we want to be saved we need to remake our contract with jesus, we do this by being baptised

Remember we are suppose to be one body with christ, the same we are one with our partner. Isreal before Jesus was still bound by this contract so it was them(Isreal) that had to nullify it by death.

Bobothemonk

I hope this helps

<!--EDIT|Bobothemonk|Feb 24 2005, 05:34 PM-->

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:35 pm 

Oh and when the isrealites practiced false worship they were commiting adultry with them against god. Which is grounds for divorce.

Post subject:
Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:34 pm 

thanks, that really helps. so glad this one got sorted out, it was such an odd question or queerie that i had no idea how to combat it, i've never had that before and it really freaked me out,
glad i found this place, you will all be hearing from me much more!!!
Vix
:D

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:05 pm 

Np

Understanding the nature of husband and wife really help with an understanding of the bible.

Never forget that union is Gods will.

Bobothemonk

<!--EDIT|Bobothemonk|Mar 1 2005, 01:05 AM-->