Home >> Community >> Christian Community >> General Discussion >> Jesus praying?

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:17 pm 

soulbloom wrote:
Greetings,
Given, the trinity is not spelled out word for word in the scriptures. However there is evidence for the reality of the triune God. My question is for newbie... if Jesus is not God, who then is He?
one of two possibilities are available:
1)He is God's son in the same way we are God's son's and daughters
2)He is a 'special' son.

If #1 is right then it would seem to me that why and how could he be our ransom?
If #2, how is he special? This is a concept that is not found in scripture at all. Jesus is always elevated above us qualitatively.

Since these 2 options are not very convincing I would opt for the idea that Jesus, being God's Son was begotten not made, light from light, true God from true God.... slain before the foundations of the world.

You really have no legitimate historical Christianity on your side when you say Jesus is not God.

Blessings,
jeremy
<a href='http://www.cor13.com/blog' target='_blank'>My Blog/Forum</a>

1)He is God's son in the same way we are God's son's and daughters

He is what Gods Word says He is, Gods His only begotten Son. why is that so hard for people to accept?

If #1 is right then it would seem to me that why and how could he be our ransom?

How about because God said so? or He is the only one on earth to walk the walk God wanted us to walk without sin?

2)He is a 'special' son.

He is special He is Gods only begotten(born) Son!

If #2, how is he special? This is a concept that is not found in scripture at all. Jesus is always elevated above us qualitatively.

well how is He special? let me ask how many people do you know that havent ever sinned in their life and been completely obediant to Gods Word?
2 Cor 5:21
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
(NKJ)

1 Pet 2:21-22
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
(NKJ)

special? yeah I'd say so.

Post subject:
Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:05 am 

bucooth wrote:
Why would Jesus have to pray? Could it be that he had a earthly body and mind, and that that was praying to the "God mind " that he had?

Blessings:

Jesus praying, is the topic, correct?

Jesus, CHRIST or the WORD who became flesh and dwelt among us and SOME of us behold HIS glory, was a WAYSHOWER or a Prime Example. an Instructor, Master Teacher!

The Wayshower was showing the WAY!
The Teacher was instruction HIS WAY by HIS WORD to those who want to be HIS CREATION!

So the WORD became as like us to give us the Keys, HIS WORDs, to HIS Kingdom, so we could "follow" the WAY back to the RULE and Reign of HIS WORDs, as HIS "restored" CREATION!

BUT, in order to stay on Topic, Christ the WORD, said Joh 9:31 "Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth HIS will, him HE heareth.

Since GOD, the SAVIOR, the JUDGE, the Example said "Now we know that God heareth not sinners," and ONLY the prayer of a righteous man avails, who is doing the will of the Living WORD, than the question is not WHO is GOD, but are you doing the WILL of GOD for HIM to "hear" your "prayers?

Since GOD does NOT hear "sinners," who do you think is answering their prayers?
NOT the GOD of CREATION? HUH?
And since the WORD, WHO is GOD, stated only they who do HIS Will, are they HE "hears" and just ONE mention of HIS Will is 1Th 4:3 "For this is the will of God, even your sanctification . . "

Since GOD inspiried these WORDS, for HIS followers which state. . .2Th 2:13 "But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth."

With to Prime WORDage of "salvation through sanctification" being the Will of the CREATOR!

So it is really not What is GOD, that is more important, as are you doing HIS WILL, HIS WAY for HIM to "hear" your prayers?

Hope that is more on Topic to your question!

Blessed are they who the WORD Rules!

. . ."And they that belong to Christ's HAVE crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." Gal 5:24 "Who-so-ever sins belongs to the devil. . . " 1Jn.3:8 So do you really BELONG to Christ?

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:08 pm 

John 10:30 - "I and the Father are one"

....enough said.
I hope this answers any doubts or uncertainties or questions.

peace.

Post subject:
Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:09 am 

Of course Jesus pray, and Jesus pray for all of us. Jesus prayed for guidance in places of quiet solitude. If He is God, why did Jesus pray? Prayer was an important part of Jesus' life. Many times in the Gospels, we read that Jesus prayed or went alone to pray apart from the disciples. Jesus prayed in praise to God, the Father. And he pray for the forgiveness of our sins. That's how GREAT and GOOD JESUS is.