Home >> Community >> Christian Community >> General Discussion >> Have you really decided to be "holy,' really?

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Have you really decided to be "holy,' really?
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:33 pm 

Decision is a Principal Factor

“If it seems evil unto you to serve the Lord, you choose this day whom you will serve;…but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15 )

It may be impossible for everybody to reach the top in material success, but God’s way to spiritual perfection is open to every soul. (Mark 9: 23 ) Complete deliverance is offered to all people. At the same time its benefit is forced upon no one, nor does God begin His glorious part until the soul has really DECIDED to be holy!
And until this decision becomes an established fact, God’s help is stopped. True "faith" is freed to work, ONLY upon a TRUE decision, to really mean the oath of “Thy will be done!” (Matt. 6: 10 )

Ask any of those who are truly sanctified wholly, and they will tell you they made no progress until they had FULLY DECIDED THAT THEY WOULD HAVE the pure MIND of CHRIST rule completely, full time! They admit that only when they became totally determined, and refused to back down regardless of accusations, and lies from the carnal mind, or anything else did they receive the "gift of sanctification."

When one has fully decided to become holy, they bend very thought, and action to bring it to pass. They renounce every discouraging suggestion from without, and every evil imagination from within. By "denying ALL ungodliness and worldly lust, in order to live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world!" (Titus 2:12 ) They refuse to allow anything or anybody to keep them from becoming pure, and holy! ONLY by "Casting down, every thought that doesn’t agree with the MIND of Christ, the WORD of GOD, as trully being “finished on earth as it is in heaven.’ in them! (2Cor. 10: 5 ; Matt. 6: 9-10 )

As long as anyone continues to find excuses why they are not made holy, or why they may never get through, they have not determined to become "sanctified." When the eternal decision is made to have that experience, that is the first major step toward living "even the righteousness" of the Creator.

The next step is relying upon His promises by believing the Truth, that it is "God’s will even their sanctification" (1Thes. 4:3 ) The WORD supplies plenty of this. Every demand of Divinity is backed with a promise. Promise after promise fairly leap out of the WORD, to meet and encourage the genuine “seeker.” This puts the "seeker" into that same joy filled expectancy that any child possesses whose Father promises them any other glorious gift. (Luke 11: 13 & 1: 74-77 )

Next is the exercising of godly faith by believing, which completes the work of sanctification. One may or may not be conscious of this exercise. Many saints testify that they were so absorbed in HIS WORDS about the time they were purified, that they didn’t think of exercising faith! The living WORD finalized the purification at the point of their total surrender to His will. HIS WORDs were allowed to accomplish that which is HIS will, even your holiness and purity!

When this stage is reached, where the "seeker" is in such straits, that they become weak, or alarmed, or shocked in their wrestling against sin and satan – if at this period they should accept God’s given way to deliverance, HIS WORD of TRUTH, and they soon receive all they are expecting, and find themselves clear through into purification, of mind, body and soul. (1 Thes. 5: 23 )

There is no playing around getting rid of the ‘OLD MAN’ SIN. But God’s fact of TRUTH is used to destroy the enemy, “self,” which states: ‘"Knowing this that our “old man” WAS CRUCIFIED with Christ, that the body of sin may be destroyed, from than on, we should NOT serve sin.’ And! more WORDS of GODLY Faith are . . . ‘Now being set free from sin, we become servants of God, our fruit unto holiness and the result everlasting life’ (Rom. 6: 6,22 ) Those who say that they have gotten through easily, will very likely wake up some time to find that the “old man” is still enthroned, instead of Christ being only Lord, and RULER of mind, will and emotions.

It was stated by experience that, “Sanctification is possessing the mind of Christ all of it.” Also, “Sanctification is an instantaneous deliverance from [ALL] sin and not protracted [delayed] tedious process.” by John Wesley. The only thing that seems like a process is the decision to be holy, and be-live the WORD of GOD,

We are NOT to allow ourselves to turn from THE WAY, or to give in to wordly reasoning, or relying on the "carnal mind," but to rely completely on the WORDS of God! The devil has plenty of suggestions at every stage of the journey to detour the soul from “THE WAY of HOLINESS of the Truth and the Light! But "greater is He in me than is he that is in the World ..” Do you REALLY believe those WORDS of GOD? Than why all the so-called “processing,” lies?

GOD said "And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called “The Way of Holiness,” the unclean shall not pass over it, but it shall be for those, the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.” (Isaiah 35: 8 ) Did you SEE that those who believe they are "unclean" in their minds, instead of created in the Image of GOD, shall not pass over the "Way of Holiness?"

When satan fights a soul to a stand-still, it is often because that the soul has not yet FULLY DECIDED TO GO ALL THE WAY!

Practically every lost and doomed soul is, or has been, headed by one or both parents who never even tried to become interested in true holiness; or, if among holiness folks, one or both never “SET THEIR FACE LIKE A FLINT” TO BECOME SANCTIFIED WHOLLY! (1Thes. 5: 23-24 )

Everybody who will be wallowing forever in the lake of fire are going to be there because they never really decided, one hundred percent, to go to Heaven!
Instead of being a slave to whims and imaginations of anything that is ungodly, bring your thoughts into captivity! Yes, bring EVERY thought unto the RULE of the WORD. Exterminate carnality, hog-tie the “old man," and let the "fallen human being" mind set just be "crucified with CHRIST” by OBEYING the WORDS of GOD and not the ideas of the "fallen!"

God’s unlimited promises are to the “WHO-SO-EVER” crowd, as stated. ‘No one born (begotten) of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, for God's nature abides in them [His principle of TRUTH], and they cannot practice sinning because they are born of God. (1 John 3:9 ) It all depends on is your decision to agree with the HOLINESS of the Word of God. We do not say that decision will deliver us, but it opens the way for the WORDs of GOD to do for you what is otherwise impossible. It is Christ’s atonement that deliverers us from sin, after we decide to be Totally Free!

The power of decision is WITHIN YOUR FREE MORAL AGENCY! God will not interfere with your choice! He says, “You Choose this day who you will serve” You are unsanctified because you have not fixed a choice to be “His holiness and righteousness.”by just believing HIS WORDS of TRUTH!

This decision must be eternal and unchangeable, and unwavering and God will meet your decision! God has said, ‘for it His good pleasure to give you HIS kingdom’ (Luke 12: 32. & 1: 74-77 )

This decision does not stop hell’s accusations against you, in the least, but it does conclude God’s work of preparing you for eternity, because "without holiness you will not see God." (Heb. 12: 14 )
AND
”And by [His] will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” ALSO! “For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who HAVE been sanctified.” (Hebrews 10: 10, 14 ) GOD said that, so just live it!

The real reason for total sanctification is found in the WORDS. . . "because God has from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of [HIS] Spirit and belief of the Truth." (2 Thes. 2: 13 ) The ONLY way to get into heaven is "salvation through sanctification" and that is what GOD claimed by HIS WORD, and NO other way in but by HIS FAITH in HIS FINISHED WORDS!

So why not just be a sanctified saint, instead of a sin stained sinner? Why not go and have a REAL "upper room" experience, fully and for all time! What form hell could be stopping you, from HIS holiness and purity?
Why would anyone postpone the experience of sanctification, for even one moment?
Why not realy decide to be a REAL "child of GOD, WHOLLY"

. . ."And they that belong to Christ's HAVE crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." Gal 5:24 "Who-so-ever sins belongs to the devil. . . " 1Jn.3:8 So do you really BELONG to Christ?

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:56 pm 

Only the pure in heart shall see God.

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:13 pm 

Blessing waterwalker,

Only the "pure of Mind" . . . HIS and HIS alone, shall be able (HIS ability) to preceive (convoluted translations stated "see") HIS PERFECT WORD!

Only ONE MIND in this uni-VERSE! One purpose. One Will, and only One Way, truth and LIFE to Live, the PERFECT WORDS of GOD!

There may seem to be another mind, or some kind of a choice of another mind, but that mind is a figment of imagination from the fallen carnal thinking, and not really as logical godly choice at all!

ONLY ONE MIND that is ALL IN ALL, unless some of the "all" choose dah "fallen" mind to be the controling mind, instead of the RISEN MIND of CHRIST, the Living WORD, WHO pronounce everything HE created "VERY GOOD," according to HIS Standards, not according the lack of godly standards of the "fallen" minded, "dirt world creation!"

Since GOD said, "HE that sanctified and they who are sanctified are one, and HE is not ashamed to call them [children!]!" Heb. 2: 11 meaning, according to HIS Thinking, those who are NOT yet sanctified, already, are NOT one with HIM, the Living WORD! Correct! Or those who are still "trying" to be sanctified are NOT one with HIS WORDS, NOR is HIS MIND the only ONE on the throne!

To interpenetrate "HE that sanctified and those who are santified are one," can not be sidestepped, skimmed over, overlooked or any other carnal tweaking, without hell to pay!

Right?

With the Love of the Whole WORD, and no-thing but the WORD!
a nothing in the Body of Christ

Later!

. . ."And they that belong to Christ's HAVE crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." Gal 5:24 "Who-so-ever sins belongs to the devil. . . " 1Jn.3:8 So do you really BELONG to Christ?

Post subject: Thoughts on Sanctification
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:11 am 

I understand all that you are saying wordpur. You have placed a great deal of thought and research into your presentation. May I add, that sanctification or being holy is not possible for us without the internal working of the HOLY SPIRIT. I praise and thank GOD who by grace made an entrance for me through CHRIST JESUS, and has given me the HOLY SPIRIT. Without HIS help I don't think there is any hope of me by my own efforts, no matter how much effort I would put in trying to live holy. I love all GOD's WORD, and CHRIST JESUS the living WORD so may I offer this scripture as my source for this insight...... John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.. May I also, ask you to explore how sanctification and holiness attained by our efforts fit into the truth of scripture found in Romans Chapter 3. I praise GOD for revealing this to me and removing the burden of "trying to live Holy" and teaching me to by led by HIS SPIRIT into all truth.

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:48 pm 

Blessed ar they who the WHOLE WORD RULES!

Thank you for your reply lightbearer7!

The WORD loves it when a soul is USED by the WORD to speak HIS WORDs!

About 2 thirds of the topic posts on sanctification, that the WORD of GOD has written, as I for myself can do NOTHING, it is the WORDS of GOD that DO ALL the WORKS states. . .

2Th 2:13 "But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the SPIRIT, which is belief in the TRUTH!"

The SPIRIT of HOLINESS is the "Disposition of completeness, as the ORIGINAL WORD, for SPIRIT had to do with the disposition of the PERFECT WORDS of the CREATOR, and not words of the "fallen!"

Without the SPIRT or Nature of the FINISHED WORKs of the WORD of GOD by HIS Disposition, by HIS MIND, by HIS Purpnse and thru HIS WILL, no man or woman, or child shall SEE GOD! Heb. 12: 14 and Mt. 5: 8

And again the ONE PERFECT CREATOR WORD's most demanding WORDS again are, salvation through sanctification of the SPIRIT, which is belief in the TRUTH!"
NO . . . "salvation without sanctification,". . . BY the SPIRIT of HOLINESS, which is, belief in the TRUTH!"
Will, according to the RISEN WORDS of GOD, anyway, not the "fallen minded!" creatures!

Only the "doubly deceived" believe they can ENTER the kingdom of GOD, the WORD, without HIS SPIRIT, and without HIS WORDS of WISDOM, or be-living (believing,) or presenting HIS WORDS here in 2 THES. 2: 13, (above) to others!

Without holiness, completeness or HIS SPIRIT, which is HIS attitude, HIS Nature, HIS MIND, HIS WILL and HIS Purpose, the soul, "by choice," of the "fallen" rather than the "RISEN," will be self-doomed to an eternity wthout the HINT of HIS SPIRIT! In Gen 6:3 "And the WORD said, My SPIRIT shall not always strive with man. . " Sin separates the SPIRIT of HOLINESS form the soul!
"Fallen thoughts," are NOT of the RISEN WORD, and any and ALL "fallen thoughts and wotds," separate the soul form that SPIRIT!

Another "demand" via the WHOLE WORD stated . . . 2Th 3:6 "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of the WORD, Jesus Christ, that you withdraw yourselves from every brother that walks immortally, who does not live according to the standards which they received through us."

Again, thanks to the LIVING WORD of GOD for HIS WORDS!

For and by and thru the LOVE of the WORDS of GOD!

Post subject: In the Beginning
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:09 pm 

Thank you for your reply. I pray I have comprehended your points and insights. It is most difficult conversing via the internet and I pray that my communications are clear. John 1:1-5, In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD was GOD. The same was in the beginning with GOD. All things were made by HIM and without HIM was not any thing made that was made. In HIM was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. 1John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the WORD of life; (for the life was manifested and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the FATHER, and was manifested unto us;) that which we have seen and heard declare we unto you that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the FATHER, and with HIS SON JESUS CHRIST. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

With those scriptures as my backdrop, are you referring to the written word or the living WORD, which is CHRIST JESUS? For me CHRIST JESUS is LORD, KING and HIS Kingdom shall never end. I thank and praise GOD that HE has called out a people, a royal priesthood, and HE sanctifies us making us vessels fit for service. Amen

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:52 pm 

OK! Blessed are they who the LIVING WORD speaks to, and they OBEY!

Greetings vis the WORDS of GOD!

Quote:
With those scriptures as my backdrop, are you referring to the written word or the living WORD, which is CHRIST JESUS? For me CHRIST JESUS is LORD, KING and HIS Kingdom shall never end. I thank and praise GOD that HE has called out a people, a royal priesthood, and HE sanctifies us making us vessels fit for service. Amen

The LIVING WORD, spoke into the minds of the devout listeners, and they copied down HIS WORDS from their hearts!

The LIVING WORD, inspired HIS WORDS, which are HIS PRECEPTS, IDEAS, WISDOM, into written wordage and HIS ORIGINAL WORDS, are the SECOND Witness of HIS WORDS from written form.

The FIRST Witness of HIS WORDS are spoken via what some call HIS SPIRIT, but is actually HIS DISPOSITION, Attitude, and WISDOM that is a DIRECT contact, without a "middle man," book or any so-called physical intermediary. between the LIVING WORD and us doing that WORD ! WHO wrote HIMSELF down!

The LIVING WORD had HIMSELF written down, by HIS consecrated servants, who didn't have a "bible," which should be the "second witness," but the SPIRIT that taught them ALL things what so ever HE SPOKE! But now being made free from sin, we become servants to the WORD, we have our fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. Rom 6:22
But now being made free from sin,
2. we become servants to WORD, we have your fruit unto holiness,
3. and the end everlasting life. Which is LAST!
Servants of the LIVING WORD!
IN that ORDER ONLY, no other ORDER will the WORDS, that I serve, allow!

Paul didn't have a NEW Testament! But allow the LIVING WORD to give us one!

Mosha didn't have a Torah, but allowed the LIVING WORD to give us one!

Spiffy huh?

How many "books" did Enoch have, who walked by the WORD who the WORD took? Gen 5:24 And Enoch walked with the WORD: and he was not; for the WORD took him.

And talk about a realy GODLY testimony, listen to this one. . . Heb 11:5 "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because the WORD had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased the CREATOR WORD." " NOW that is a "testimony" by the WORD HIMSELF, that he pleased the WORD! WHO IS GOD!

So we accually have more OFFERED to us than did the "scribes"
BUT that means "we" should do the WORKS that HE did and even greater deeds than HE did. . ." We have HIS SPIRIT, and we have HIS WORD on it!

Love the lovers of the WORD! :D

With, by and for the LOVE of the LIVING WORD, WHO wrote HIMSELF down!