Home >> Community >> Christian Community >> Polls and Opinions >> The Passion of the Christ

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:35 am 

The Passion of the Christ, Have you seen the movie?

What do you think about it?

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:33 pm 

:) I thought it was a great movie,it's only for those that has eyes to see and ears to hear. The main focus is Jesus and what he done for us. You will always have skeptics ,but overalll view of it i think was positive feedback.A job well don MEl gibson!
Gary

<!--EDIT|gbcimages|Mar 23 2004, 05:31 PM-->

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:08 pm 

Between The Passion of the Christ and 40 Days of Purpose, God is "storming the gates of Hell". Our church, along with 2900 other churches across America, just finished 40 Days of Purpose. It has changed our church and it has changed me.

Seeing The Passion was also a life-changing experience. For me it was a three hankie movie. I sat through the whole movie saying "You did that for me, Jesus?" with tears streaming down my face. I will never forget those images. Someone asked me if I enjoyed the movie. I said "NO!" It is not a movie to be enjoyed! It is a movie where you are given a choice. Will you accept the sacrifice Jesus made for your sins or not?

Yes, some will totally miss the point. They will see it as pointing a finger at the guilty party. Who killed Jesus? But the reality is...I did. My sins are what put Jesus on that cross. So I humble myself and accept what He so freely gave. Thank you, Jesus!

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:56 am 

:o you know i have heard alot of people talk about the violence in the passion of the CHRIST....but it is the real story of what jesus christ the son of god did for us ...
yet people seem to think the violence in stephen king books and movies is just find...
i wonder where they stand will the LORD JESUS

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:31 am 

I thought it was extremely well done. I feel that many Christians today do not truly understand the depth of suffering and shame Jesus went through on the cross for us. I feel this movie vividly drove home that point. A must see!

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:14 pm 

Heard recently on "Point Of View" radio show, that Barna (Christian pollster) said that "Passion" was not successful as a witnessing tool to the degree that the Christian Community thought it would.

I pray and believe that a lot of Seeds were sown. Awesome movie. :)

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:15 pm 

I knoew that i haqd to see this movie
I was unprepared for the horror that was on the screen
we live in a sanitised world yes we see wars and stuff but that is always happening somewhere else and to some one else but the reson that my God and king choose to die was so that i could sit here tonight free, and if that movie got that message over to just on person and they recived jesus as their Lord and saviour and will be joining us in paradise then yes it was a fatstic movie.
But sadly what has happened is that many have seen it as just another autobigraphy but we kow that it is different i know of many that were changed by that Film i do not thank mel Gibson for making it becaus ealthough he put much into it I thank God for allowing mel Gibson to make that film It was an annoited film there is no doubt about it.
I watched it at the cinema and yes i cryed all the way through and hid my eyes through many scenes after all teh were doing it to my best friend to my lover to my God to my fathere to my Daddy.
and after i could not speak and then i wanted to run throught the streets and tell the world to go and see the film and see what Christ had done and when he was going throught all of that he had them on his mind

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:07 pm 

Started to watch, but found it too graphic, why do we put our Lord through it again and again and again.

He is risen from the suffering, lets preach the Gospel now. :)

I was once asked by a church I was attending to play a part of a Roman soldier ( in an Easter play )who thrusts the spear into our Lord, I rejected immediately.

Sorry but that me.

<b>Pro 19:27 GNB</b><br>My child, when you stop learning, you will soon neglect what you already know.