Home >> Community >> Christian Community >> Polls and Opinions >> Preferred Bible Translation

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

What is your preferred Bible Translation?
NKJV  0%  [ 0 ]
KJV  20%  [ 1 ]
NIV  0%  [ 0 ]
Other  80%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: Preferred Bible Translation
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:15 am 

What is your preferred Bible Translation?

Is it NKJV, KJV, NIV, or other translation?

Last edited by felicin on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:21 am 

For my own personal study I use the NASB, but most of the members of my church use the NIV, so that's what I preach from. I consider the NASB to be the most accurate translation.

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:57 pm 

i used the life application bible the most i find the study notes well useful but the niv was the fist translation that i used so i guess i do feel an element of lyalty toward it but i am finding more and more now i am drawn to the new living translation
as i am not an educated person i value the fact that it is quite simple in its terminolgy and i can understand it quite well but the other thing that has drawn me to is is that this particular bible tha i bought is in a protective tin and it is not big so i can keep it in my handbag and i have it available when ever i have a few spare mins i can waste them on God it is well worth while

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:23 pm 

i use the NIV but i also use the Message because i think that sometimes i get so tied down trying to unpick some of the language i need to read it in a contemporary language so it hits me right in the face with no reason to misunderstand what God is saying.
i recommend to everyone,
Vix

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:40 am 

I will always stand by, what I believe is the only acceptable version, the King James Version.

I don't want to stir up any strife BUT most other translations are denominationally influenced and therefore tend to lean strongly toward the doctrine of that denomination which is responsible for the interpretation which led to the ultimate completion of the translation.

The KJV may have also been somewhat denominationally influenced, BUT not nearly as strongly as I feel todays modern day translations are.

I'm not saying they should be thrown out, or that people who use them are heretics, I just don't feel they are good translations for my own personal study.....

Michael Loudermilk
Christian Evangelist:D

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:33 pm 

i have found that the Parallel Bible with KJV and Amplified is more helpfull to me because it gives two translations :D

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:45 pm 

I have lots of versions, including some Greek and Hebrew books to really get to grip with things. At the moment I use the New Interpreters NRSV study Bible.

I have always liked the RSV, ever since I got my first RSV Bible in school from the Gideon people and long time ago.

The NRSV is basically the same but it has replaced the thee's and thou's with moder words which I think is important.

<b>Pro 19:27 GNB</b><br>My child, when you stop learning, you will soon neglect what you already know.

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:08 pm 

I have alot of versions but I like to use the KJV most of the time for studying.

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:20 pm 

yes, I prefer the NASB also :) I also use the KJ version ( Thompson Chain) and have for many years.

Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:43 pm 

I have about 8 different Bibles/translations and I love them all.