Home >> Community >> Christian Community >> Polls and Opinions >> Ordained homosexual pastors?

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ordained homosexual pastors?
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:34 pm 

What do you think about ordained homosexual pastors?

Do you agree with this policy?

What your Bible states about this controversial topic?

Last edited by felicin on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:50 pm 

When God called homosexuality a sin and an abomination in the Bible, that was all I needed to know to form my opinion.

No, I don't agree with the policy of ordaining "practicing" homosexuals. Because I know that God hates the sin, not the sinner, non-practicing homosexuals are ok. Each church will have to come up with their own guidelines, as long as they are in keeping with the Word of God.

Any arguments for the "practicing homosexual" comes from the devil and indicates that the "pulpit" is NOT teaching the Church the TRUTH of God!

Either your YEAH is YEAH or your NAY is NAY...which do you choose?

Ask yourself this, "Is it ok for "practicing pediphiles" to babysit your children?

Pray real hard and read your Bible (Romans 1:26).

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:33 pm 

this is a bit of a hot potatoe
the way that i see it is this if you are in a place of authority then you should try your harest to live as Godly a life as possible and if you are walking in the spirit of the Lord you will run for that which is sinful and God clearly states that homasexuality is a sin.
If someone is non pracitsing and do not practise then I do not see this issue but if they are active then i do see that it is wrong
ok we love the person and reject the sin
in my chruch we love the sinner
and where homeasexuality is concern we love them and teach them gently and leave them in Giods hands untill they see that what they are doing is not in God and then encourage them to take on the mantle of celabacy because if they are truely homeasexual they could not take on a wife and it is not in God to be with the same sex so it is better to stay single and be married to the father than to be in sin

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:02 pm 

No it is obviously wrong :angry:

<b>Pro 19:27 GNB</b><br>My child, when you stop learning, you will soon neglect what you already know.

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:00 pm 

It may not be a popular view but I can't agree with anything that goes against God's Word. :(

Romans 1:21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Post subject: Re: ordaining #### pastors
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:26 pm 

Jesus said nothing, not one word, about homosexuals. For those of you who insist that this does not matter, that the Bible is somehow clear elsewhere about the evilness of homosexuality, here are some questions.

Why didn’t Jesus say that He was abolishing all the rules in the Old Testament EXCEPT the rule against homosexual intercourse?

Why didn’t He distinguish between His forgiving the woman brought to him in adultery ( ‘Let him who is without sin cast the first stone’ ) and His wanting to continue to hold homosexuality against people?

Why didn’t He say anything about how homosexual marriage would defile the sanctity of the relationship of man and woman?

Why didn’t He say anything?

Did He just keep forgetting to mention it?

If homosexuality truly is a sin worthy of eternal damnation, as some believe it is, then why didn't Jesus discuss it? He certainly preached at length concerning every other sin listed  in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and Timothy 1:9-10. Why would He leave this one out?

Of course, there are apparent criticisms of homosexuality in the Bible. 

Genesis 19 describes the destruction of Sodom, which has been attributed to the homosexuality of its citizens; the men may have wanted to rape the (male) angels. Actually, the text at this point is ambiguous; the original Hebrew word sometimes referred to sexual activity although it usually meant "to know" in a literal sense. But a careful reading of Genesis and
Ezekiel reveals that inhospitality, pride, idol worship, and lack of consideration for the poor were their prime sins. If homosexuality was involved, it was obviously not consensual sexual activity; it was rape. So we can safely conclude that Sodom was destroyed because of the sins of its citizens which included their habit of raping visitors. Judges 19 seems to be a duplicate of the Genesis story.

Leviticus 18:22 & 20:13 appears to condemn male homosexual behavior, but in fact only refers to temple prostitution. Even if it did refer to lesbian and #### relationships, it would not be applicable to Christians today, any more than are the other 613 laws which make up the Jewish Holiness Code. It is less than genuine for a Christian teleminister or theologian to imply that these verses are still valid for the beliefs and conduct of Christians, while stating that the remaining laws of the Holiness Code are not applicable.

Deuteronomy 23:17, I Kings 14:24 and 15:12 are mistranslated in some versions of the Bible as referring to homosexual behavior. "Temple prostitute" would be an accurate translation.

The Scriptures condemn homosexual rape and temple prostitution, but do not disapprove of #### and lesbian relationships. One can be confident that centuries of fire and brimstone sermons on homosexuality based on verses from the Old Testament are misinterpretations of the Bible.