Home >> Community >> Christian Community >> Polls and Opinions >> My Favorite Parable...

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

What is your favorite parable?
Prodigal son  100%  [ 2 ]
The sower  0%  [ 0 ]
Ten virgins  0%  [ 0 ]
The talents  0%  [ 0 ]
Other  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2
 Post subject: My Favorite Parable...
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:56 am 

What is your favorite parable?

What makes it so meaningful to you?

Last edited by felicin on Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:05 pm 

After I was "born again"all I wanted to do was talk to people about God and the Salvation Plan. I still do that to a lesser degree now.

I have always been a "people person." I have always wanted to help people less fortunate, who have suffered through floods, hurricanes, tsunamies, etc.

I have always wanted to be there for that person who didn't have anybody.

I want to be the person who is giving instead of getting.

This is what I want. Do I do it? No. I always come up with reasons (no time, no money, no transportation, scared, nothing to wear, overweight, diabetic, etc) why I don't do it.

Any suggestions and prayer will be appreciated. wgd2626@onlineisp.net

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:06 pm 

the prodigal son i think has to be one of my favorite parables but it is a hard choice .
why well it is simple for me i have spent most of my christian life taking the good things of the kingdom and wasting precious resources a bit like the son but a month ago God took over i was totally baptised in his spirit and i realised that the creator of the earth in his great love for me came down to this earth was biorn of a woman lived a perfect life but still experince physical and emotional pain willingly choose to go through the pain and humiliation of a public flogging and excruiating death and all that time he had me on his mind and then on top of that choose to be seperated from the Father for 3 days went in to the darkeness of hell rose in victory returned to heaven and if that was not enough he left his power to us in the form of the holy spirit so that his love could reach me in the dark miserable state that i was in and why so that i could recive the love that no earthly father could give to me who is he he is my God he is my daddy and i can choose to climb on his lap ahd be held in the security of his arms
he was there out on the road awaiting my return
and this is so much a picture of my life and the life of my dear precious son and man of the spiritual children that i have and I rejoice tht mine was not a dramatic conversion but i experinced the pain and the struggles so that when God did come in power of love i could really appreciate it and my love and gratitiude knows no bounds
I have a daddy that is like no other

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:08 pm 

Treasure I found buried in a field :)

<b>Pro 19:27 GNB</b><br>My child, when you stop learning, you will soon neglect what you already know.