Psalms 61:1. Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer.
2. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3. For You have been a shelter for me, And a strong tower from the enemy.
Psalms 77:1. I cried out to God with my voice To God with my voice; And He gave ear to me.
2. In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord; My hand was stretched out in the night without ceasing; My soul refused to be comforted.
3. I remembered God, and was troubled; I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah
In these two Psalms David is calling out to God. In one he says, my heart is overwhelmed, in the other he says, My soul refused to be comforted. Have you ever been in a place where your heart refuses to be comforted or where the circumstances of life seem to totally overwhelm you? Our Father has something better for us than a crushed spirit. We can get in a place spiritually where our heart seems to not want to be comforted, however there is hope! God never leaves us without hope regardless of what the situation may appear on the outside.
1 Peter 5:7. casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
9. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
10. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
He truly does care for us, but we have a part to play, we must cast our care on Him, and I might add, not take it back. Our responsibility is to find the promises of God and stand on them. We must acknowledge God’s provision or He won’t be able to help us. Not that He doesn’t want to help us, we tie His hands so to speak with our actions and our words.
We have a responsibility to be diligent in the things pertaining to life and Godliness.
Proverbs 3:5. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
6. in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
7. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil.
It is saying here we have to trust Him with all our heart and not our own understanding. Then we acknowledge Him in All our ways, that includes words and actions, then He shall direct our path. Then depart from evil, so there is a responsibility on our part. It is not always easy to trust people, especially if they have been untrustworthy. But God can always be trusted to do His part, always! Not once in a while or sometimes, always! He’s not a failure, and when we do what He tells us to do and follow His precepts, we will not fail either. But we have to do what He tells us to do. It is easy for us to blame God and put the responsibility of our messes off on Him, the truth is that, that is a cop out. That is shifting the blame. God is not to blame for our messes, we are. When we follows His plans we succeed.
Romans 12:2. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
In order for us to prove the will of God, His Word says we must renew our minds. We must
do this before we can prove the good, acceptable and perfect will of God.
2 Corinthians 10:4. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5. casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
We must bring every thought captive or another way of saying this, is we must focus in on the Word of God and put aside all the thoughts that are contrary to His word. Paul is saying to the Corinthians, that this is the obedience of Christ. In order for us to be obedient we have to have instruction to follow, He’s telling us in His Word what His instructions are. His Word is our instructions Book. When we follow His Word, and renew our mind to His Word, then and only then will we prove the will of God in our lives, the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
We are the ones responsible for renewing our own mind, not God. When we receive the Word into our heart and then meditate on it, this starts the transformation, and is the first step in proving the Word of God true. Your spirit knows the Word of God is true, but sometimes we have a struggle with our natural mind. The more you meditate on the Word the more real it will become, and this is the beginning of the transformation. Your spirit knows God’s Word is true, but your mind must be brought in line. Your spirit and your mind then come into agreement
Remember, faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. (Ro.10:17)
Philippians 4:6. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
7. and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things.
The words heart and spirit are many times used the same in the Bible. After you have meditated on the Word and you know the promises of God, you come before the Father with prayer and supplication making your request made known to Him, then it says God’s peace which passes understanding will keep our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. I don’t know about you but that is good news to me, something to be very grateful for. He’s given us His promises and then He’s told us how to make them work in our lives. We have to follow His instructions.
Isaiah 26:3. You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.
We must think on God’s Word, and put every thought in complete agreement with God’s Word. Renew your mind so that you will be strong and not feeble, resist the devil by speaking the Word. If you are speaking in agreement with God’s Word, then you will not be complaining, and you will eliminate the things that cause you to be overwhelmed. You see it is not the external things that cause us to be overwhelmed it is the internal things.
John 8:31. Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.
32. "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.''
That Word abide means to continue, dwell, endure, remain, and stand. In other words if you are Living in the Word and continuing in the Word, remaining in and standing in the Word, then you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.
Joshua 1:8. "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
So lets put God to the test, put His Word first place in your life, and see our way made prosperous. Prosperity means health, peace of mind, spiritual maturity, and financial blessings, but we must do our part, we have to continue and remain in God’s Word.
John 14:13. "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
These are awesome promises, and we can get God’s results when we follow God’s instructions. Amen
The Olive Branch
Last bumped by mejbaker on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:51 am.